Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Watercolor in 20



This is a 20 minute watercolor sketch from our Saturday session. I try to give myself a challenge with every session, and this session’s challenge was using watercolor in primary colors. This was a great session. The model is one of my favorites, and she's built the way I naturally draw women. Her elegance is a wonderful thing to chase. She decided to dress as a ballerina for the long poses, and it was a great complement to her form. She aimed this back to pose in my direction and I immediately both cursed and thanked myself for using watercolors.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Hey man,
I realize this is an old post, but I have a process question. When you first start a piece such as this with a limited time frame and in watercolor, how do you layout your framework, i.e. what's your first step? Do you start with a light warm wash or... ? Thanks in advance,

Neal