Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tuesday night lights


Here is another offering from last night's figure drawing session. This is the same model in the "all new" post from last month. She is colorfully pale, and reflects colors with equal intensity as she projects them. She is a perfect model for studying color temperature.
I'm using NuPastels, but I wanted to play with a different paper. I found some Roma paper on clearance at the art supply store and bought their remaining supply. The paper has a nice soft sandpaper tooth but I was a little concerned about the pattern embedded in the grain, and the obnoxious watermark. But how can you lose at a dollar a sheet? It was love at first line. Colors blush on to this paper like a soft breeze, and it keeps them in plain sight even after tooling and rubbing. It drinks up the pigment and begs for more more. This is great paper, and I curse my limited supply.

1 comment:

David Johnson said...

Isn't that the way it always goes?
You try something new only because it's on sale. You love it but you can't get it anymore… which is why it was on sale in the first place.
That happened with me way back when you recommended those Rotring Inks… and then they stopped making them not long after.